We Are Reopening
Table of Contents
Chapel Gatherings will begin in a phased opening.
Sunday PM at 5:30 - 6:30 on June 14.
Sunday AM at 9:30 - 10:30 on July 5.
Flock Gatherings on July 1 at the discretion of the Flock Elder.
Our Core Imperatives
We are glad to begin gathering as God's people again. This has been a dark and difficult time. As we gather we want to be pleasing to God, putting others first and welcoming each other. Mindful of the present situation, here are some guidelines for our gathering. We ask our church family and guests to comply with these.
We have kept these as simple and straightforward as we can. We have three core principles:
Prefer One Another (Philippians 2:3-5, 14-15)
Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus,
Do all things without grumbling or disputing, that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world…
Each of us has our own opinion about these guidelines. The Bible calls us to be wise and discerning and that is well and good. However, these guidelines for our gatherings we believe are best and wise. Caring for one another means we humbly set aside our rights and opinions to submit to leadership and to put others first.
If you are unwilling to have this attitude as required by the Scriptures and do not intend to follow the guidelines, then we ask that you stay home and participate online by watching on Facebook Live.
Honor Social Distancing
Respect those who are observing social distancing.
Maintain Minimal Touch Environment
Minimize touch with each other and with common shared or high touch surfaces.
The Big Picture
- To return to full Sunday AM and PM Gatherings July 5, 2020.
- To begin Flock gatherings July 1, 2020.
- To open Nurseries during worship gatherings September 6, 2020 and earlier if at all possible.
- To begin Bible Education hour September 6, 2020.
The current guidelines will remain in force until September 1 unless wisdom dictates a change. After September 1, the Chapel will return to normal functioning.
To recognize that:
If there is sufficient confidence to open ministries earlier, we will consider that.
If there is a sudden increase in infections and deaths in Ohio and the Dayton area, we may revise the plan accordingly.
- To be wise in how we open by:
- Opening in phases. We opened starting with offices and limited events.
- Continuing to stream all our gatherings.
- Providing for some social distancing but not making it the priority in our setup.
- Requiring the sick stay home and not to attend.
- Reminding the congregation of the risks, but allowing each to make their own decision.
- Welcoming but not requiring the wearing of face coverings.
- Establishing guidelines in general and for specific kinds of gatherings and events.
- The Elders continuing to meet regularly to evaluate, make corrections and confirm or delay next phases.
- Individual ministries may submit proposed plans for their ministries for review and approval by the Elders.
The Plan that will follow these principles.
Phase 1 will begin on June 14, 2020
- We will open our Evening Gathering for public attendance.
- The gatherings will be at 5:30 pm at our regularly scheduled time.
- The gatherings will be non-singing services initially.
- The sermon portion of the gathering will be streamed.
- Gathering guidelines will be in place.
Phase 2 is scheduled for July 5, 2020
- We will add our Morning Gatherings for public attendance.
- The gatherings would be at 9:30 am at our regular times.
- The AM and PM gatherings may include singing. In the PM, the overflow room will be a non-singing room and you may choose to gather there.
- The whole gathering will be streamed.
Phase 3 will be reviewed but is scheduled for September 6, 2020
- Add limited Bible Education hour.
- Single ABE Class as determined by the ABE Leadership Team.
- Limited children's classes as determined by Children's Ministry Leadership Team.
- Open Nursery during gatherings.
- At gatherings and events, provisions for attendees honoring social distancing will be made when possible.
- Sick people should stay home. A mask is not an acceptable substitute. Anyone with the following should not attend the gathering:
- Anyone with a fever, regular active cough, sneezing or other symptoms of COVID-19, the flu or cold.
- Anyone with the above in the last two weeks before a gathering.
- We encourage at risk groups to stay home and participate through virtual
means. However, aware of the risks, you are welcome to gather if you so choose.
- Masks will not be required of attendees. Any attendee who chooses to
wear a mask will be welcomed without judgement. We will have them available for you.
- Minimize touch guidelines will be in place.
- Outside doors will be opened by greeters or propped open to minimize
touch. During June, the day entry doors will be locked and marked for EXIT only.
- Restroom doors will be propped open with privacy screens in place to block views into the rest rooms.
- Food and drinks may be served at gatherings and events. Repeated
touching of the same serving utensils by attendees should be avoided, when possible. Disposable paper products will be used.
- The distribution of printed materials will be minimized.
- Outside doors will be opened by greeters or propped open to minimize
- When available, hand sanitizing stations will be implemented.
- The facility will be cleaned and hard surfaces disinfected after each event.
- At any gathering or event, attendees will be encouraged but not forced to follow the guidelines.
- The gatherings will be at our originally scheduled times.
- Seating setup will provide for those who prefer social distancing.
- As planned now, the outer sections along the wall will be setup for social distancing.
- When we return to singing July 5, the PM gathering overflow room will be a no singing room.
- Guidelines for specific activities:
- Beginning in July, congregational singing will be allowed but the number of songs reduced.
- Special music may be employed.
- Offering Collections
- There will be no passing the basket collections.
- Giving stations have been setup and clearly marked in the auditorium and lobbies.
- Lord's Table
- When the Lord's Table is served, the elements will be in individual, sealed units.
- The sealed packet elements will be taken by the attendees from stations setup in the lobby and in the auditorium.
- Family members may pick up the elements for other family members.
- Flocks may begin gathering on July 1.
- Elders will decide how, when and at what frequency their Flock will meet.
- Flocks will begin by meeting outdoors.
- Flocks will provide for social distancing.
- Flock meetings may include meals following the general guidelines.
- Ministry, public and private events using the Chapel campus may be requested.
- The event host will submit a plan to the Chapel event coordinator detailing how they will implement the general guidelines in place at the time of the event.
- Elders will review and approve all requests.
Survey For Attendance
If you are planning to attend, please let us know so we can plan accordingly.