Worship Guidelines Revision, November 24, 2020
Our Current Worship Guidelines
The Elders have continued to seek God's wisdom on our guidelines for our Chapel gatherings.
- The Ohio government revised its Responsible Reopening for Religious Gatherings. This makes recommendations for church gatherings, but excludes church gatherings from all government mandates. The legislature has also passed legislation exempting churches from all health orders.
- Since there is continued concern for the increasing spread of COVID-19 and taking into consideration counsel, advice and diverse recommendations from many sources, we will continue the following guidelines for Chapel Gatherings and Events. We are taking these measures in order to continue in-person gathering and being lovingly mindful to protect those who are most vulnerable among us.
We have tried to weigh our obedience to the Word and in wisdom, the benefits and risks of in our gatherings and events. As of November 24, 2020, we have reviewed, revised and extended these guidelines for our public gatherings and events.
Our Principled Guidelines
These guidelines are effective November 24, 2020 and will automatically expire on February 1, 2021.
- At our public events, we will provide for social distancing for those who want or need it.
- At our public events, we require every person over 4 years old to wear face coverings except for those with a medical exemption.
- Anyone who is sick, has a fever or has well-known COVID symptoms or is unwilling to submit to these guidelines, should not attend our gatherings or events and join us online.
- Anyone who has tested positive may not attend for ten days beginning on the date of test (not the date of the results).
- Ministries may set Ministry Focused Guidelines for their ministry teams and events. Guidelines must be submitted to and approved by the Elders.
- The Bible in Ephesians 4:29-5:2 and Romans 14 commands us, in our attitudes and actions, to be generous and gracious to those holding opposite views.
Our Ministry Guidelines
We have reviewed and approved the following for particular ministries:
Chapel Campus Guidelines
- We are extending Chapel Campus Gathering and Event Minimal Touch Guidelines until February 1, 2021.
- We are extending Chapel Food Service Guidelines without modification until February 1, 2021.
- We are extending Chapel Office guidelines without modification until February 1, 2021.
- We will reopen the Chapel Café for service.
Children's Ministry Guidelines
- We are suspending the Children's Ministries and Nurseries until January 10, 2021.
- We are extending the Children's Ministries and Nursery COVID guidelines until February 1, 2021.
Adult Bible Education
- We are suspending Adult Bible Education for the month of December, 2020. There will be class this week, November 29.