Finances and Stewardship
The Finance Ministry seeks to provide for Biblical stewardship in the management of the financial resources of the Chapel.
This ministry is guided by the following values and treasures:
- To establish pleasing God in the handling of all our financial resources as our overarching aim;
- To enable the sold financial foundation and provisions for all the ministries of the Chapel;
- To encourage the faithful stewardship of giving in all the Chapel family;
- To ensure the practical us of financial resources with integrity;
- To energize the ministry focus in the use of our financial resources.
The Elders, as a body, oversee the Finances of the church. The officers of the Elders serve as the trustees of the church in legal matters.
The Elders appoint one among themselves to be the Pastor of Stewardship. This person is familiar with finance and able to administrate. He does not have unilateral authority over the finance, but coordinates the Elders and the Finance Team. He is a member of the Finance Team and attend its meetings.
The Elders appoint a deacon qualified Chapel Treasurer and a deacon qualified Finance Team Leader who report directly to the Pastor of Stewardship. Both the Chapel Treasurer and the Chapel Finance Team Leader are members of the Finance Team and attend its meetings.
The ministry is organized along the following lines:
The Elders shall appoint a Finance Team who shall be given the responsibility the management and the reporting of the day-to-day finances of the church. The finance team shall serve through directives given them by the Elders, give counsel and recommendations to the Elders, be responsible for the recording and reporting of the finances of the Chapel and shall develop and maintain the Chapel Finances.
The Finance Team shall have one who is designated as the bookkeeper who shall be responsible for the day-to-day entering of the financial receipts and transactions of the church.